Web Hosting Guide
Compare Hosting Plans
Basic Hosting Plan
Professional Hosting Plan
Extreme Hosting Plan
Email Only Hosting
Hosting Control Panel
Hosting Order Page
The Essence of Knowledge is Having it to Apply it.
If you need your website to process transactions or you need a secure way to accept information from your users, you will need SSL. A Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate ensures that your user has a secure connection to your website. You have access to a shared SSL certificate in every zeWEBHOST hosting plan. The SSL URL is mapped to the contents of your website. If your domain can be accessed from:
Then the secure address for your website is:
1. Go to the Websites & Domains tab > Shared SSL (in the Advanced Operations group).
2. Select the domain name of the site that you want to secure.
3. Select the Switch on shared SSL checkbox.
4. Specify the virtual directory name in the corresponding input field. The virtual directory with the supplied name will be created under the domain whose SSL certificate is shared (called master SSL domain). This directory will be used for accessing your site through SSL. For example, let us suppose that you have a domain named mydomain.com, the master SSL domain is defined as master_ssl_domain.com, and the virtual directory name you supplied is my_virtual_dir. In this case, to access your site through SSL, you need to use the following address: https://master_ssl_domain.com/my_virtual_dir. Note: You cannot use your domain name (for example, mydomain.com) to access your site via SSL if you are using shared SSL.
5. Select the directory where protected content is located under your website. The documents within the specified directory will be accessible only through SSL.
The shared SSL certificate is available for you to use at any time.
You can also choose to have a private SSL certificate installed on your website. For domains on our shared hosting environment, a private SSL certificate allows you to maintain your domain name in the address bar of the browser, and is often preferred over the shared SSL URL.
With a private SSL certificate users would then be able to access your domain from a secure address in their browser:
To request a private certificate, please visit our "SSL Certificates" page.
TRANSFERRING AN SSL CERTIFICATE FROM ANOTHER WEB HOSTING COMPANY
You may use an SSL certificate that is currently installed at another web hosting company, but you must be able to provide us with an exported PFX backup file from the existing host's server.
To get this backup, you must contact your existing host and request it. When you have the PFX backup, simply email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (include the password if one was set).
This service carries a one-time $35 fee that you have to purchase from the "Hosting Order Page" under "Add-Ons" section.